Cady McClain Featured Galleries
Cady McClain Biography
Cady McClain (born Katie McClain on October 13, 1969) is an American actress, singer, and author. McClain's professional acting career began in 1978 at the age of 9, when she was featured in a commercial for Band-Aid bandages. She went on to appear in over thirty commercials for products including McDonald's, Amtrak, Kenner's "Strawberry Shortcake" dolls, Burger King, Mattel, Barbie, Maybelline, Shout Detergent, Pillsbury Pop 'n Fresh Rolls, Apple Kool Aid, Prell, Texaco and McCain's Chicken.
Cady McClain Filmography
- (2013) All My Children as Dixie Martin
- (2013) All My Children as Dixie Martin (credit only)
- (2013) More All My Children as Herself - 'Dixie Cooney'
- (2013) Soap Life as Herself
- (2009) We Love Soaps TV as Herself - Guest
- (2008) Home Movie as Clare
- (2008) Soldier's Heart as Linda
- (2006) The 33rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as Herself
- (2004) Retreat as Paige
- (2004) The 31st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as Herself
- (2002) Alma Mater as Gwen Knight
- (2002) SoapTalk as Herself
- (2001) The 28th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as Herself
- (1999) Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Alice McCain
- (1999) The 15th Annual Soap Opera Digest Awards as Herself
- (1998) Soaps' Most Unforgettable Love Stories as Dixie Cooney Martin (archive footage)
- (1993) All My Children: Daytime's Greatest Weddings as Dixie Cooney Martin (archive footage)
- (1993) The 20th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as Herself
- (1989) Simple Justice as Janet DiLorenzo
- (1989) The 16th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as Herself
- (1988) A Father's Homecoming as
- (1987) Biography as Dixie Cooney Martin (archive footage)
- (1987) Home Fires as
- (1986) One Big Family as Paige Baker
- (1985) Robert Kennedy & His Times as Young Pat
- (1985) Spenser: For Hire as Laurie
- (1983) Who Will Love My Children? as Virginia Fray
- (1982) Cheers as Joyce Pantusso
- (1982) My Favorite Year as Tess (as Katie McClain)
- (1982) St. Elsewhere as
- (1982) St. Elsewhere as Erin Rosenthal (as Katie McClain)
- (1982) St. Elsewhere as Erin Scheinfeld
- (1982) St. Elsewhere as Erin Scheinfeld (as Katie McClain)
- (1972) ABC Afterschool Specials as Nicole
- (1970) All My Children as
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie (uncredited)
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie Conney Martin
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie Cooney
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie Cooney (uncredited)
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie Cooney Martiin
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie Cooney Martin
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie CooneyMartin
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie Louise Cooney Chandler Martin Bodine Martin
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie Louise Cooney Chandler Martin Bodine Martin #2
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie Martin
- (1970) All My Children as Dixie Martin (credit only)
- (1956) As the World Turns as Rosanna Cabaot
- (1956) As the World Turns as Rosanna Cabot
- (1956) As the World Turns as Rosanna Cabot (uncredited)
- (1956) As the World Turns as Rosanna Cabot Montgomery
- (1956) As the World Turns as Rosanna Cabot Ryan
- (1956) As the World Turns as Rosanna Cabot Sinclair Montgomery
- (1956) As the World Turns as Rosanne Cabot
- () The Redeemer as Susan
Cady McClain Trivia and Facts
- Has been a professional actress since age 9.
- Sings, plays guitar, dances, and is an accomplished artist.
- Cady is committed to charity work, has been a member of the Junior Board of the Enterprise Foundation and also worked with RARE to develop a radio soap opera for the Wildward Islands of the Carribean. She is devoted to helping New Orleans recover.
- During her time off of "All My Children" (1970) , a stock image still appeared in the opening credits.
- Her status with "As the World Turns" (1956) was considered somewhat unusual. When she joined the show in 2002, the role of Rosanna Cabot was a recurring one. However, she became so popular with fans that "ATWT" tried to get her to sign a contract. She refused, but the show still continued to feature her prominently, which is usually not the case for recurring characters. She even won the 2004 Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress. Shortly before that, she finally agreed to sign a one-year contract with "ATWT". When the deal expired she went back to recurring status with the show for awhile before she ultimately left, soon rejoining "All My Children" (1970) in her popular role of Dixie Cooney Martin.
- Cady returned to "All My Children" (1970) in 2006 to create a new dynamic with fans through her blog, "Confessions of a Mad Soap Star," at www.cadysconfessions.com, as well as other innovative audience interactions.
- Studied acting at Michael Howard Studios in New York City.
Cady McClain Quotes
Cady McClain Photoshoots
Cady McClain Other Works
- 1979: TV commercial for Band-Aids.
- 1991: TV commercial for Ellio's Pizza.
- 1989: TV commercial for Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- Stage: Starred as Tamra in "Quiet on the Set", a play written by
- 'Terrell Anthony' (Westbeth Theater Center, New York, July 1990).
- 1991: TV commercial for McCain's frozen Pizza.
- Stage: Began working in New York at 17 years old in a 'Judith Viorst' musical at
- the John Drew Theater called "Happy Birthday and Other Humiliations,"
- as young Carol. Carol was played by 'Bonnie Franklin' . 'Alan Johnson (I)'
- directed. She met and was praised by none other than 'Bob Fosse' .
- Stage: Performed briefly with the Cucaracha Theater Company in 'Mollie O'Mara' 's
- "Self Offence."
- Stage: Wrote, produced, acted and co-directed her play, "Mona 7," a
- surrealistic work about the madness that can accompany grief and the
- redeeming power of creativity.
- Stage: Played Cory in "Barefoot in the Park" at the Westbury and Valley Forge
- Music Center.
- Stage: Played Adriana in "Comedy of Errors" with Rogue Repertory in New York
- Stage: Played Hero in "Much Ado About Nothing" at Lincoln Center.
- Stage: Played opposite 'Kevin Anderson (I)' as Lady in "The Red Address" by 'David Ives (I)' at Second Stage Theater in New York City in 1997.
- Stage: Performed in a one-woman piece comprised of Wallace Steven's poetry at
- HERE Theater in New York City called "Inventions of Farewell," directed
- by 'Estep Nagy' .
Cady McClain Trademarks
Cady McClain Frequently Asked Questions
- Cady McClain Information Tags: Cady McClain galleries, Cady McClain children, Cady McClain magazines, Cady McClain husband, Cady McClain videos, Cady McClain height, Cady McClain date of birth, Cady McClain weight, Cady McClain television appearances, Cady McClain biography, Cady McClain quotes, Cady McClain other works, Cady McClain filmography, Cady McClain trivia, Cady McClain pictures, Cady McClain updates, Cady McClain birthday
Cady McClain Information provided by IMDB.com and Wikipedia.com. Buy Cady McClain Movies