Chloe Sevigny Information
Chloe Sevigny Featured Articles
Chloe Sevigny Biography, Filmography, Trivia
Real Name : Chloe Sevigny
Known in the mid to late nineties for her status as a fashion impresario and "it girl," with over a dozen art house films to her credit, Chloe Sevigny also stands out as one of the most prominent queens of contemporary independent cinema. Originally hailing from Darien, Connecticut, Sevigny attributes weekend trips into nearby New York City in her teens as an important early saving grace from her super rich and stuffy hometown. It was on one such trip at the age of eighteen, that Sevigny was spotted on the street by a fashion editor for Sassy magazine. Impressed by her flair for street fashion, the editors of the progressive teen mag asked Sevigny to intern in their offices which led to a few modeling jobs with both Sassy and x-girl, the urban clothing line created by Sonic Youth front woman 'Kim Gordon (I)' (qv). At this time Sevigny also spent a lot of her time watching the skateboarders who convened in New York's Tompkins square park. It was here that she met young aspiring director 'Harmony Korine' (qv), and a friendship ensued, resulting in her being cast as the lead in Korine and 'Larry Clark (I)' (qv)'s collaboration _Kids (1995)_ (qv). At around the same time Sevigny snagged the cover of Interview magazine, and even inspired writer 'Jay McInerney' (qv) to write a piece about her for The New Yorker in which he hailed her the new "it girl." The late nineties saw Sevigny continuing her acting career with a string of independent films, among them _Trees Lounge (1996)_ (qv), _Palmetto (1998)_ (qv), and 'Whit Stillman' (qv)'s homage to early 80s yuppiedom _The Last Days of Disco (1998)_ (qv). In 1997 Sevigny and Korine teamed up again to make _Gummo (1997)_ (qv), in which Sevigny both starred and acted as chief costume designer. It was in 2000 however that Sevigny's career made a turn towards more mainstream recognition when her portrayal of Lana Tisdel in _Boys Don't Cry (1999)_ (qv) garnered her an Oscar nod at the age of twenty-five. Known for signing on to projects based on her interest in a good script rather than a hefty price tag, one of Sevigny's most recent roles, making the climb from indie princess to A list actress, should see her surprising both audiences and Hollywood alike with roles in interesting and thoughtful projects.
- Divorce Ranch
- Hit & Miss
- Black Dog, Red Dog
- American Horror Story
- Fight for Your Right Revisited
- TV Festival Du Cannes 2011
- The Wait
- Beautiful Darling
- Mr. Nice
- The 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards
- All Flowers in Time
- Barry Munday
- RuPaul's Drag Race
- The Killing Room
- 42 One Dream Rush
- Peter and Catherine
- The Fragile White Blossoms Emit a Hypnotic Cascade of Tropical Perfume Whose Sweet Heady Odor Leaves Its Victim Intoxicated
- My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done
- Sexo en serie
- Reinventando Hollywood
- Oscar, que empiece el espectáculo
- 2008 Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards
- This Is Zodiac
- Big Love: In the Beginning
- Up Close with Carrie Keagan
- Bienvenue à Cannes
- Live from the Red Carpet: The 2007 Golden Globe Awards
- Big Love
- Broken Flowers: Start to Finish
- Fabulous! The Story of Queer Cinema
- 3 Needles
- Broken Flowers
- Mrs. Harris
- The Road to Manderlay
- Melinda and Melinda
- Le grand journal de Canal+
- The Making of 'Invasion of the Freedom Snatchers'
- Jiminy Glick in Lalawood
- Ceremonia de apertura del festival de cine de San Sebastián
- Dogville Confessions
- Cartaz Cultural
- Death of a Dynasty
- Making of 'Demonlover'
- Shattered Glass
- Sex at 24 Frames Per Second
- The Brown Bunny
- Party Monster
- Ten Minutes Older: The Trumpet
- The 2001 IFP/West Independent Spirit Awards
- The 52nd Annual Directors Guild Awards
- The Making of 'American Psycho'
- Beastie Boys: Video Anthology
- American Psycho
- VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards
- If These Walls Could Talk 2
- The 72nd Annual Academy Awards
- The 57th Annual Golden Globe Awards
- Boys Don't Cry
- Julien Donkey-Boy
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- A Map of the World
- The Last Days of Disco
- Will & Grace
- Corazón de...
- The View
- Trees Lounge
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien
- Entertainment Tonight
- Lizzie Borden
- * (2000) TV commercial for Independent Film Channel
- I am most proud of my integrity and least proud of my cynicism.
- I've always made films that are sort of avant-garde-y or whatever you call it.
- I knew people would not understand it. It's a shame people write so many things when they haven't seen it. When you see the film, it makes more sense. It's an art film. It should be playing in museums. It's like an 'Andy Warhol' (qv) movie. [on the oral sex scene in _The Brown Bunny (2003)_ (qv)]
- You hear about these actresses who avoid going to fashion shows lest they not be taken seriously. I don't like going because it's such a circus. It's always anticlimactic. But I'm not ashamed to admit it: Fashion is superficial, but I love it.
- I had a great family life - I would never want it to look as if it reflected on them. I think I was very bored, and I did just love taking hallucinogens. But I often feel it's because I experimented when I was younger that I have no interest as an adult. I know a lot of adults who didn't, and it's much more dangerous when you start experimenting as an adult. [on drug experimentation as a teenager]
- I think it's sexy to be a little bit mysterious.
- I don't want to be a movie star or be famous; I just want to do a few good movies and maybe move some people.
- [on being cast in _Kids (1995)_ (qv)] Harmony [Korine] just thought I was this sweet, cute girl and he liked my blonde hair.
- I'm ambitious, but I'm not ambitious enough to move to Los Angeles.
- I had an agent once who said that in an audition you have to make the women want to be you and the men want to fuck you. I said, I'm sorry, I can't just go into a room and, like, try to achieve that. That's not my motivation in life.
- I've never felt like I had very much to say. Maybe that'll come later in life.
- I hate going to fashion shows. I find them boring.
- As of late , I am more of a homebody. I like having people over. You can smoke in the apartment. I'm just not into going out so much. The crowd is getting younger and younger.
Source: IMDB.com // Buy Chloe Sevigny Movies